This course explains how to repair and replace energized pole top equipment with a minimum of interruption to customers. It describes how to bypass and replace a recloser. It also shows how to inspect and repair one type of gang-operated switch, and how to bypass and replace a different type.
- Describe how to bypass and replace a recloser.
- Explain how a gang-operated switch operates.
- Describe how to inspect and repair a gang-operated switch.
- Explain how to replace a one-piece gang-operated switch.
SUBJECTS AND OBJECTIVES
- Identify the main parts of one type of electronically controlled three-phase recloser.
- Explain the importance of bypassing a recloser before replacing it.
- Describe how to replace a recloser.
Gang-Operated Switch Maintenance
- Describe the basic operation of one type of gang-operated switch.
- Identify problems typically associated with gang-operated switches.
- Describe or demonstrate how to safely inspect and troubleshoot a gang-operated switch.
Gang-Operated Switch Replacement
- Explain how a one-piece gang-operated switch is constructed.
- Describe a procedure for safely replacing one type of gang-operated switch.