This course covers the hazards and basic safety guidelines associated with meter work and emphasizes working safely near energized equipment, using caution when approaching potentially hazardous conditions, and using protective equipment properly.
- Describe the basic safety guidelines that apply to meter work.
- Identify the physical hazards associated with meter work and how to avoid them.
- Identify the electrical hazards associated with meter work and how to avoid them.
- Describe the safety procedures for a routine single-phase meter replacement.
- Describe the safety procedures for a routine three-phase meter installation.
SUBJECTS AND OBJECTIVES
- State three basic safety guidelines that apply to meter work.
- Identify how to avoid the physical hazards associated with job site conditions.
- Describe the effects of current flow on the human body.
- Describe the dangers of flash burns.
- Identify safety gear normally used for protection against electrical hazards.
Single-Phase Meter Replacement
- Describe safety procedures associated with a typical single-phase meter replacement job.
Three-Phase Meter Installation
- Describe safety procedures associated with a typical three-phase meter installation job.