It is our pledge to you and to the electric utility industry to update this lineworker apprenticeship program, keeping it current, as our industry continues to change. In a time when the industry is facing a skilled workforce shortage, we recognize the need has never been greater for current, updated, lineworker training materials.
Future title updates are directed by a User's Development Board, comprised of user organizations and industry experts. All users are encouraged to submit recommendations for updates, corrections, and additions. Learn more.
The T&D PowerSkills product line is endorsed by the Institute for Safety in Powerline Construction.
Ron Schenk, Director
T&D PowerSkills, LLC
Transformer Connections 1 [Preview]
We'll soon be releasing a major update for our Transformer Connections video, breaking it up into two comprehensive units covering basic theory to advanced application. You'll find new narrator footage better explaining the concepts covered, and updated, high-definition illustrations covering single-phase and three-phase bank transformer connection applications.
Contact Jerry Havens for more information at (318) 880-2259 or email@example.com.
Recent Completed Updates:
- Circuit Breakers 1 (April 2014) [Minor Update]
- Relays 2 (April 2014) [Minor Update]
- Climbing Steel Poles and Towers (April 2014) [Minor Update]
- Electrical Safety (May 2014) [Minor Update]
- Power Transformers 2 (June 2014) [Minor Update]
- Transformer Troubleshooting (June 2014) [Minor Update]
- Underground Residential Distribution Systems (June 2014) [Minor Update]
- Transmission (June 2014) [Minor Update]
- Climbing Wooden Poles (September 2014)
- Rigging 1 (September 2014) [Minor Update]
- Troubleshooting Overhead Lines (September 2014) [Minor Update]
- Safety in Underground Line Maintenance (October 2014) [Minor Update]
- Material Handling Bucket Trucks (September 2014) [Minor Update]
- Introduction to Transmission and Distribution Systems (June 2015)
- Hydraulic Derricks (June 2015)
- Distribution Line Replacement (February 2016)
- Alternating Current Fundamentals (October 2016)
- Pole Top Equipment - Capacitors (January 2017)
- Cable Splicing 1 (November 2017)
- Cable Splicing 2 (April 2018)
- Cable Terminations (August 2018)
Pending Updates (In Post Production):
- Locating Primary Faults
- Locating Secondary Faults
- Relays 1
- Relays 2
- Transformer Connections 1 (Final Draft Stage)
- Transformer Connections 2 (In Progress)
- Pole Top Equipment - Reclosers and Switches
- Introduction to Metering
- Safety in Meter Work
- Rigging 1
- Rigging 2
- Advanced Rigging
- Basic Electricity
- Underground Cable Installation (Directional Drilling)
- Distribution Line Installation and Removal
- Pole Top Equipment - Transformers
*Planned updates are tentative only and subject to change based upon client commitments, user's development board feedback, or technical considerations.
If you have recommendations for the future development of T&D PowerSkills training material, be sure to take our member survey to provide your feedback.