It is our pledge to you and to the electric utility industry to update this lineworker apprenticeship program, keeping it current, as our industry continues to change. In a time when the industry is facing a skilled workforce shortage, we recognize the need has never been greater for current, updated, lineworker training materials.
Future title updates are directed by a User's Development Board, comprised of user organizations and industry experts. All users are encouraged to submit recommendations for updates, corrections, and additions. Learn more.
The T&D PowerSkills product line is endorsed by the Institute for Safety in Powerline Construction.
Ron Schenk, Director
T&D PowerSkills, LLC
Transformer Connections 1 and 2 and Pole Top Equipment - Reclosers and Switching Devices [Preview]
We've released a major update for our Transformer Connections 1 and 2 video and broken it up into two comprehensive units covering basic theory to advanced application. You'll find new narrator footage better explaining the concepts covered, and updated, high-definition illustrations covering single-phase and three-phase bank transformer connection applications.
In addition, we've also released Pole Top Equipment - Reclosers and Switching Devices. This includes new narrator footage and updated high-definition illustrations.
Contact Jerry Havens for more information at (318) 880-2259 or email@example.com.
All 78 videos now ADA compliant with timed subtitles in CEA-608 format.
New sub-segment chapter points added to all videos, along with lower thirds to improve navigation.
Workbooks: 36 of 78 updated with new design language, formatting, and illustrations
Recent Completed Updates:
- Circuit Breakers 1 (April 2014) [Minor Update]
- Relays 2 (April 2014) [Minor Update]
- Climbing Steel Poles and Towers (April 2014) [Minor Update]
- Electrical Safety (May 2014) [Minor Update]
- Power Transformers 2 (June 2014) [Minor Update]
- Transformer Troubleshooting (June 2014) [Minor Update]
- Underground Residential Distribution Systems (June 2014) [Minor Update]
- Transmission (June 2014) [Minor Update]
- Climbing Wooden Poles (September 2014)
- Rigging 1 (September 2014) [Minor Update]
- Troubleshooting Overhead Lines (September 2014) [Minor Update]
- Safety in Underground Line Maintenance (October 2014) [Minor Update]
- Material Handling Bucket Trucks (September 2014) [Minor Update]
- Introduction to Transmission and Distribution Systems (June 2015)
- Hydraulic Derricks (June 2015)
- Distribution Line Replacement (February 2016)
- Alternating Current Fundamentals (October 2016)
- Pole Top Equipment - Capacitors (January 2017)
- Cable Splicing 1 (November 2017)
- Cable Splicing 2 (April 2018)
- Cable Terminations (August 2018)
- Transformer Connections 1 (March 2021)
- Transformer Connections 2 (March 2021)
- Pole Top Equipment - Reclosers and Switching Devices (March 2021)
Upcoming Video Updates (Footage Complete; Videos In Post Production):
- Locating Primary Faults
- Location Secondary Faults
- Relays 1
- Relays 2
- Introduction to Metering
- Safety in Meter Work
- Rigging 1
- Rigging 2
- Advanced Rigging
- Basic Electricity
*Planned updates are tentative only and subject to change based upon client commitments, user's development board feedback, or technical considerations.
If you have recommendations for the future development of T&D PowerSkills training material, be sure to take our member survey to provide your feedback.
The following are corrections and updates to the T&D PowerSkills workbook. If you own a title that has a correction, please print out and replace the errant content with the corrected versions below.
Transformer Connections 1: Updated 07/22/2021. Corrected a faulty illustration in Section Quiz 4. Download corrected page here.