This course covers several aspects of bucket truck safety, including how to inspect a bucket truck prior to use, how to plan a job with safety in mind, and how to avoid shock hazards associated with working on or near bucket trucks.
- Explain how to perform a pre-use inspection on a bucket truck.
- Describe some of the basic safety considerations associated with using a bucket truck at a job site.
- Explain how personnel can protect themselves from shock hazards associated with working on or near bucket trucks.
SUBJECTS AND OBJECTIVES
- Explain why a bucket truck should be inspected before it is used.
- Describe a basic procedure for inspecting a bucket truck’s boom and bucket.
- Describe a basic procedure for checking a bucket truck’s hydraulic system.
- Describe a basic procedure for performing an operational check on a bucket truck’s boom, bucket, and hydraulic system.
- List factors that can affect how a bucket job is done.
- Describe safety considerations associated with setting up a bucket truck at a job site.
- Describe ways that a crew can prepare for a bucket truck related emergency.
- Describe general actions that crew members can take to ensure that a job is performed safely and efficiently.
Truck Shock Hazards
- Describe how the insulating ability of a typical boom is checked and maintained.
- Describe methods used to protect personnel from shock hazards.